Age_____ Gender_____ Education subjects enrolled in____________________________
How often do you visit the Education Section? (Place a check mark.)
__Daily __Once a week __Twice a week __ Thrice a week __Every Wednesday __During Saturdays ________________Others (please specify)
Which do you consult first? (Rank your choice of preference from 1 to 3.) __Card Catalog __Library Staff __OPAC _________Others (please specify)
CLASSIFICATION AWARENESS/KNOWLEDGE SELF-TEST
A. Direction: Write the most appropriate letter of your answer in the space provided.
1. Education Section utilizes what classification system? _____
a. DDC b. LC c. FIL d. Uncertain
2. _____ is the classification letter for Education books.
a. H b. L c. P d. Uncertain
3. LA 11 : Historical Foundations of Education; LA 91 : _____.
a. Philosophy b. Psychology c. Legal d. Uncertain
4. Professional Board Examination for Teachers of Abella C. Macarandan is categorized under _____ classification.
a. LA b. LB c. LC d. Uncertain
5. Allan C. Ornstein, famous for his book Strategies for Effective Teaching, has how many bibliographic entries on Education in the OPAC of the PNU library? _____
a. 12 b. 20 c. 24 d. Uncertain
6. _____ is the location symbol for all Education books of both graduate and undergraduate readers. a. BERS L b. EPS L c. EPC L d. Uncertain
7. There are more than _____ bibliographic entries on Education a reader can choose from in his use of the on-line public access catalog of the PNU library.
a. 11,000 b. 15,000 c. 19,000 d. Uncertain
8. Is it possible for bibliographic entries of Education journal articles be integrated to the OPAC for their easy finding and retrieval? _____
a. Yes b. No c. Never d. Uncertain
9. Which supports directly the need for other reading materials of the Education Section readers? _____
a. Theses b. Dissertations c. Both a and b d. Uncertain
10. The Magna Carta for Public School Teachers is searchable in class _____.
a. LA 11 b. LB 2801 c. Both a and b d. Uncertain
11. Which does not belong to the group? _____
a. Measurement and Evaluation c. Educational Psychology
b. Distance Education d. Uncertain
12. Which will appear last in the shelves?
a. Alternative Education c. Sociological Foundations
b. Student Teaching d. Uncertain
13. L, LA, LB, LC, LD, LE, LF, LG, LH, LJ, _____?
a. LM c. LT
b. LN d. d. Uncertain
14. Sevilla : Research Methods; Dewey : Schools of Tomorrow, ____
a. LB ; LG c. LC ; DDC
b. FIL ; FOR d. Uncertain
15. LD, LE, LF, LG, correspond to _____?
a. Student Fraternities c. Individual Institutions
b. Multi-Subject Textbooks d. Uncertain
16. Library of Congress has major Education class letters for individual institutions of United States, Asia, Africa except _____.
a. Europe c. Oceania
b. Antarctica d. Uncertain
17. Which statement is not true? ____
a. Library of Congress organizes knowledge.
b. Knowledge is not divided by subjects.
c. Subjects headings increase continuously.
18. How many branches of knowledge called classes does the LC system have? _____.
a. 15 c. 28
b. 21 d. Uncertain
19. I, _____, W, X and Y are not used in the LC system. a. J c. O
b. K d. Uncertain
20. On the shelves, LA comes before LA. _____
a. True c. Not true
b. Sometimes d. Uncertain
B. Comment on your use of L classification and choice of Education information sources.
Thank you very much!